The treadmill is one of the first sports equipment that comes to mind for many people who want to lose weight. Although treadmills vary among themselves, they generally have options where you can change the floor, listen to music, and adjust your speed. It is recommended for beginners to use it at a low tempo without complicating the slope.
As your fitness improves, you can increase your speed and increase the incline. Thus, you will get more efficiency from the exercise. The calories you spend while using the treadmill vary according to the person, the tempo of the run, and gender. However, roughly speaking, a person who runs an average of 6 kilometres at a moderate pace consumes 460 calories.
What is a Treadmill?
Almost everyone’s decision to lose weight is directly proportional to their orientation towards the treadmill. We see people walking and running on the treadmill all the time around us, in the media. One of the indispensable elements of gyms is definitely the treadmill. So, what exactly is this treadmill mechanism?
First of all, it is a basic cardio tool that can be found at home and in gyms for those who do not have the opportunity to do outdoor sports. Although its mechanism seems as simple as a tool that can be started by pressing a button and walking, the treadmill system is not as simple as one might think. There are various treadmills with different systems for different purposes. One of these treadmills is a treadmill for regional lubrication. If your main goal in starting to run is to keep your current weight stable, you should use a manual incline band. In addition, if your main goal is to get rid of regional fat such as hips and belly, choosing a treadmill with massage will be the right choice for you.
In addition, the weight of the treadmills should also vary. If you want to buy a treadmill for your home, you should buy a treadmill proportional to your own weight. For example; If you weigh 80 kilos, the weight of the treadmill you will use must be at least 100 kilos.
What are the Advantages of Treadmill?
One of the advantages of the treadmill is that you can control yourself while running or walking. You will not be able to control such activities in open areas. It allows you to see the path you run, the balance of your speed, the calories you burn and keep you motivated. At the same time, one of the reasons why the treadmill is so preferred is that the treadmill can be used in summer and winter and offers the opportunity to do sports without being affected by weather conditions.
- It allows you to keep many diseases such as cholesterol, cardiovascular health and blood pressure under control. Regular exercise reduces stress, provides a better quality of life and sleep patterns.
- It supports your healthy weight loss process when it is continued in a stable way. In addition, it is important to adopt a balanced diet in terms of energy.
- You can create a suitable program for yourself in 15-minute periods 3-4 days a week.
- Individuals who want to carry out the treadmill and cardio exercises together should know the order well. First of all, after half an hour on the treadmill, a 15-minute break should be given, and then cardio exercises should be started. Otherwise, it will not be effective for you to tire your heart and start sports beforehand.
Is It Possible To Lose Weight With Treadmill?
On the first day of the diet, the first thing to do is always to set a goal in front of you. Sometimes you do this, sometimes your dietitian does it. So, can you easily reach the calorie loss you set as your goal? Your answer will probably be no. Because it is very difficult to lose weight in a short time with excessive calorie burning. When you consume very low-calorie foods to lose weight, your body rebels and you lose energy. Therefore, one of the methods that will allow you to lose weight will be to support your diet with exercise. Probably the first move you will make for these exercises will be to head towards the treadmill. So, what kind of way should you follow to speed up your calorie-burning process with the treadmill?
If you’re just starting out with exercise, start in a way that feels easy to you at first. Walking at a slow pace for 30 minutes a day will be enough for the start. But if you think that 30 minutes will force you, you can provide flexibility during this time. But you should not tire yourself too much. Because walking or running on the treadmill will not be enough to burn calories and reach your desired weight. You should also supplement your time on the treadmill by making time for other exercises.
In addition, include a variety of challenges during your time on the treadmill. If your treadmill has an incline programming feature, include inclines between your runs. Thus, your body will move away from the usual, standard pace, allowing you to lose more calories.
How to Use Treadmill to Lose Weight?
To get effective results from the treadmill, you must make changes. You should increase the incline and tempo after a while after starting with no slope and low tempo. Thus, fat burning and the amount of calories spent will increase. At the same time, adding various exercises in the process of using the treadmill will accelerate the result. For example, you can support the process with sit-ups, push-ups, half sit-ups and cardio movements.
When using the treadmill, it is very important that you choose the different exercise programs you will add or the track that you will make more difficult. It can cause various problems as it will increase the heart rate. Likewise, individuals with pre-existing diseases should continue this process in a controlled manner.
How Much Weight Can You Lose in 1 Month with Treadmill?
The number of calories burned is variable for anyone who engages in any physical activity, as certain factors vary from person to person and by activity. You can first look at what these variables are and then look at the sample tables according to these variables. Factors that affect how many calories you burn with the treadmill:
- Weight: The more you weigh, the more calories you burn with any exercise.
- Gender: Men generally burn more calories than a woman doing the same physical activity. This is because men have less body fat and more muscle than women of the same weight and age.
- Exercise intensity: The intensity/speed of an exercise directly affects how many calories you burn; Running at 5 km/h burns more calories than running at 3 km/h.
Some machines have a treadmill calorie calculator where you enter your weight. So the treadmill determines how many calories you burn based on your speed and incline. But these are not always exactly correct numbers. Below you can see how many calories are burned in 1 hour of non-incline treadmill exercise at 3 km/h for people of different weights:
- 150 kilos 607 calories
- A 100 kilo person is 405 calories
- An 80 kilo person is 324 calories
- A 60 kilo person is 243 calories
A 50 kilo person is 202 calories
As seen in the examples, factors such as your weight and the intensity of the exercise you do change how many calories you burn. You can also lose weight by following a healthy diet. But people with a higher weight will lose weight faster than others. Also, the amount varies from person to person.
How to Use Treadmill for Faster Weight Loss?
If staying on the treadmill for 1 hour is too difficult for you, you can start with shorter periods and try to reach 1 hour in a few weeks. 3 days a week is a suitable frequency for someone who is less active. Then when you get used to walking on the treadmill, you can do it any day of the week. If you are very sedentary or have certain chronic diseases, you can walk at a brisk pace for 30 to 60 minutes most days of the week to reduce health risks. A total of 150 to 300 minutes of walking per week is recommended. It would be more effective to divide it into days.
If you have diseases such as heart and blood pressure, it is recommended that you get used to this exercise without tiring yourself. However, below are the recommendations for faster weight loss.
- The higher the speed of the treadmill, the more calories you burn in a given period of time.
- The longer you exercise on the treadmill, the more calories you burn.
- The more you weigh, the more calories you burn through exercise. For example, people over 100 kg can lose about 500 calories with a moderate speed treadmill for 1 hour.
- But when a 50lb person does it, it burns about 100 calories.
- To help strengthen your muscles, you can consume lean meats and vegetables cooked with lean methods such as grilled, boiled, steamed.
Is it necessary to diet for weight loss with a treadmill?
The treadmill is a good and comfortable exercise alternative to increase your mobility, strengthen your muscles and burn calories. However, when it is used to lose weight, it is necessary to make changes in the diet.
Walking on the treadmill is a good way to burn extra calories each day to help you lose weight. You can aim to burn 300 extra calories a day with cardio exercises such as brisk walking. To do this, you can perform the moderate-intensity exercise for about 60 minutes a day and control the amount of calories you eat.
While the treadmill is a good alternative to burn extra calories, you also need to make a few changes in your diet to see a meaningful difference in weight. If you are having trouble dieting, you can start with small changes in your diet. Here are some small but effective changes you can make without a strict diet:
- You can replace the high-calorie snacks you eat during the day with healthy snacks. For example, give up ready-made snacks and chips, pastries and instead choose alternatives such as fruit, fruit yogurt, nuts, milk desserts.
- If you frequently prefer fried or high-fat meals, changing this will allow you to see significant differences in the scale. You can choose boiled, steamed and low-fat oven dishes.
- Reducing solid fats is an effective way. It is beneficial to reduce margarine, butter and fatty meats as much as possible. Instead, you can turn to herbal and liquid alternatives such as olive oil.
- Increasing protein and reducing carbohydrates and fats will help you get better benefits from exercise. This happens when you consume more protein sources such as non-fried white meats, fish and lentils, along with vegetables.
Does Treadmill Make You Tighten?
You can get tighter and lose weight with regular brisk walks with the Treadmill. Slimming and firming with the Treadmill has been the most effective condition among sports equipment. Treadmill helps you tighten and define your body lines. Running is breathing. The sport you do on the treadmill makes you feel energetic and strong. It makes you feel emotionally peaceful, healthy and stress-free. Thanks to the activity, you feel vigorous and tight. Every regular jog you do will make you get stronger. You can see many different exercise options on treadmills. You can have a very tight appearance with various tightening programs. A tight body will also give you self-confidence. You will burn calories with the Treadmill,You will get tighter by defining our body lines. Treadmill will help you to look better and tighter.
Which Areas Does Treadmill Weakness?
Treadmills, which are popular sports equipment, are one of the most fun to do sports. With treadmills, you can develop your muscles in the belly, legs, waist and back area and achieve a smoother physique. It is known as a unique fitness tool that helps your body become stronger. When you use the treadmill regularly for a period of about 1 month, you can reach the desired weight. For this, first of all, the calories you burn can vary depending on how much you do your weight and how long you exercise. A 65-70-kg person walking 6 km/day for 1 hour while doing sports on the treadmill can burn 450-500 calories. For this reason, do not be afraid of losing weight, do not quit sports. The benefits of doing sports do not end with counting. These are usually; Providing vigor, energizing,It has many benefits such as speeding up metabolism.
How Many Calories Are Burned With Treadmill?
People who want to lose weight wonder how many calories the treadmill burns. Walking on the treadmill at a speed of 6.2 km without incline or at a distance of 6 km burns 460 calories. This burned calorie increases up to 642 calories if the treadmill is given a 10% incline.
How many calories are burned with this sports equipment is shown on the screen on the front panel of the treadmill. In addition, another way to know the amount of calories burned during the day is the calorie counters attached to the arm. Thanks to these counters, you can know how many calories you have burned.
The Difference Between Running On A Treadmill At Home And Running On The Street
Running can normally be done without equipment, but some specific conditions may require a treadmill. There are differences between running on a treadmill and running directly on the street or in nature. To better understand these differences, it would be helpful to create a comparative list.
Benefits and Harms of Running with a Treadmill
- It works the same muscles in the same way and at the same time as running in nature.
- Since you are in a home environment, it is not possible to be affected by rain, mud and snow.
- If there is a situation at home that requires responsibility, running on the treadmill provides to do both.
- Time advantage is provided.
- Being alone creates psychological pressure.
- A good opportunity such as socialization is given up. This opportunity makes a great contribution to weight loss.
- The benefits of jogging in an oxygen-rich environment are deprived.
Benefits of Running in Nature
- It can be run in environments with plenty of oxygen and scenery.
- There is a lot of opportunities to socialize.
- It is affected by natural conditions such as rain, mud, snow, storm.
- It is very difficult to keep the balance of hot and cold.
- It requires more time.
- To the child vs. If you look at it, jogging outside is close to impossible.
Who Should Use Treadmills?
The average duration of running on the street is approximately half an hour longer than running on the treadmill. This should not be considered as mere running time. Preparation includes leaving home, jogging, returning home, showering and going to work. This half-hour difference can be very valuable in business life. People save half an hour by buying a treadmill; breakfast, etc. with the half-hour savings they make. It carries out activities that may take a long time, but are necessary.
People who should buy a treadmill include:
- Those who have time problems
- Those who think the streets are unsafe,
- Those who want to run in a controlled way,
- Babysitting mothers,
- Those who cannot find an oxygen-rich environment to run
In general, these are the ones who should buy a treadmill and run, but there are some specific situations. For example, athletes who want to spend their adaptation phases in a more stress-free environment after a long-term injury, those who have social phobia due to being overweight, and those who have problems with their visual appearance. However, these are rarely encountered; Those who buy treadmills the most are those who have a lack of time due to their business life.
Is it necessary to use a treadmill while doing sports?
The treadmill can be used by individuals of all age groups and in every fitness centre for cardio exercise. It is a suitable sports tool for individuals at the level of. With the treadmill, you can work all your muscles and increase your bone density. Besides, the treadmill is a versatile fitness tool. It is also an ideal tool for those who want to do light sports or those who specialize in sports and prefer weight sports. In addition, you can adjust the treadmill completely according to the goals you set for burning calories or keeping fit. If you want to burn calories at a high level and lose weight quickly, you can adjust the incline, speed and difficulty according to you. Besides, whatever your goal is, the treadmill is ideal sports equipment for burning calories and losing weight. You can burn 866 calories in an hour with the treadmill. Of course, this calorie-burning level varies depending on your weight, height and your preference for using the treadmill.